Have a podcast uploaded to another service, and want to expand to Mixcloud? Using an RSS feed is a quick and easy way to do this:
- If you don’t already have a Mixcloud account, you'll need to create one quickly here.
❕An RSS feed can be used to add podcasts to any account, including one with shows already uploaded.
- Acquire the URL of your RSS feed. Here are some examples of websites we recommend for creating RSS feeds: Buzzsprout, Feedburne.
- If your podcast is on iTunes, you can also retrieve your RSS feed URL here.
❕The URL you provide MUST be in either a .rss format or contain /feed. The URL of your podcast homepage will NOT work.
- Once you have the link to your RSS feed, submit it to us using the form here, providing your RSS feed URL, Mixcloud URL, email address, and podcast title.
- There's nothing more you need to do. Our team will go through submissions and email you once your podcast has been added.
Why should I add my Podcast to Mixcloud?
Mixcloud is the world's largest collective of podcasters, radio presenters, and DJs. The benefits of distributing on Mixcloud include:
More listeners: Reach a global audience of audio enthusiasts.
Free embeddable player: Embed your Podcast on your website, blog, Twitter, or Facebook.
Advanced metrics: Go Pro to discover where your listeners and coming from, what devices they are listening on, greater customisation, and more.
Which audio format does my Podcast need to be?
Mixcloud works with existing RSS feeds of MP3 Podcasts. We don't yet support M4A format podcasts but hope to in the future.
Will my artworks, descriptions, and dates be added correctly?
Yes, so long as you include this information in your feed uploads.
Do I need to submit a form for each show?
No, once your RSS feed is successfully added, Mixcloud will automatically update your profile each time you upload to your RSS feed. Please note, this can take up to 24 hours from when you upload.
Does Mixcloud strip out any advertising I have in place?
No, we'll leave your podcast fully intact.
What if my podcast is already on Mixcloud and I didn't know it?
Sometimes, listeners ask us to include their favourite podcasts on the platform. We always attempt to reach the podcast creators; however, if you don't want to have your podcast on Mixcloud, let us know by contacting us here.
How do I know how many downloads I'm getting through Mixcloud?
Mixcloud tracks play counts instead of downloads. This is a more accurate metric that tells you if your listeners are actually tuning in, rather than just auto-downloading, and can be seen on each podcast page.
If you need further assistance with adding your podcast or have any questions, please fill out this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.