Every creator on Mixcloud Select has a dedicated page that can be used to promote their channel to potential subscribers. The page includes a personal message and showcases recent public shows and Select exclusives.
As a creator, you should treat this page like a shop window to your channel. Your fans will see this page before they subscribe, so it’s important to give it some thought.
Accept your invite to get started
When you are invited to join Mixcloud Select, you will be sent an email that prompts you to accept your invite and set up your Mixcloud Select page. Click the link in the email to accept your invite and set up your page. You will need to do this from a desktop browser.
You will then be taken through the following steps to set up your page. You can save your page in draft mode before publishing. Once you hit publish, you will automatically go live on Mixcloud Select.
Follow the steps and tips below to make sure you’re setting up your page well.
Step 1: Set your payment details
Choose a currency
In this section you can pick the currency you would like us to pay you in. Your subscribers will have a choice between main currencies, but we will convert it into your chosen currency when sending it over. For more information see our article on currency exchange here.
Set your subscription Price
You can set your own monthly price from 2.99 (EUR, USD or GBP). This is the minimum amount fans need to pay to subscribe. You can choose to set a higher minimum price, and your subscribers can choose to pay more if they wish. Sales tax will be added depending on location.
The price you set directly impacts how much you earn. You can choose to increase the price, and your subscribers can choose to pay more if they wish.
- Consider what your fans are willing to pay for what you upload. If you have an engaged audience and a rich catalog of shows, feel confident to set a higher price of 3.99 or more.
- If you’re a radio station, you will likely be uploading shows more regularly than the average Mixcloud creator. Consider charging 4.99 or more.
- Keep an eye on subscriptions coming in via your dashboard. If your loyal subscribers are willing to pay more, consider increasing the minimum accordingly.
Step 2: Write your story
Write your personal note to fans
This text will appear on your Select Page and encourages fans to subscribe to your channel. It also appears on the email messaging sent to all your Mixcloud followers one week after your page goes live. This is your chance to make an impression that counts.
Keep these pointers in mind when writing your note:
- Get personal, keep it human and write in your own voice - make your fans feel good about joining an inner circle of fans who directly support you and your shows.
- Describe the shows you regularly upload on Mixcloud - what can your fans expect to hear on your channel?
- Tell your fans why their support matters to you - what will you use the money for?
- Say why it matters to support the artists and music played in your shows - remind them that they’ll be supporting the artists and music that you play.
- Suggest how you will reward your paying subscribers - will you be uploading exclusives? Will you offer them extras?
- Describe your creative process - how much time and energy goes into crafting the shows they love to listen to?
- Don’t just copy-paste what’s on your Mixcloud page already - get creative!
Don’t worry, you can edit your personal note at any time and keep it updated.
Here are some examples of Select Creators who have got it right:
Write your thank you note
Your fans will see this message after successfully subscribing to your channel. This is an important opportunity to say thanks!
Write a personal note to your new subscriber thanking them for their support. Welcome them and remind them how their support will help you and the artists you play in your shows. When writing your thank you note, make your fans feel special. Welcome them to your inner circle.
Step 3: Choose your look
Select your image
This image gives a first impression of your channel to potential subscribers. It will be used in all promotion for your Select Profile. Consider the following points when choosing your look:
- Make sure the image is high resolution and quality photography.
- Make sure the image is different from the one you’ve used on your Mixcloud channel to help you stand out.
- Ensure the image is free of copyright or that you have permission from the creator to use it.
- Make sure that the image clearly represents you and your brand identity.
- Make sure the image is 1600px x 900px or 16:9 (landscape).
- Make sure there aren’t logos or branding that won’t work with the Select overlay we add.
Here are some examples of Select Creators who are doing this right
Step 4: Preview your page
You will save your page to draft mode as you go through the set up process. Review how it looks and reads to make sure you’re happy with it before you hit publish.
After you publish, you will be able to edit most of your page details from your dashboard Settings tab. However you will need to contact email@example.com to change your subscription price or preferred currency.
Step 5: Publish
Finally, you will need to publish your page to go live on Mixcloud Select. After you hit publish, here’s what to expect next:
- Your Select page will be public.
- You will have access to your dashboard.
- The purple badge and “Subscribe” button will appear on your Mixcloud profile.
- Your Mixcloud followers will automatically receive an email in about a week that announces you are on Select.