- Change from a Wi-Fi connection to a wired connection before trying to stream again.
ℹ️ If you'd like to test your stream without the test being public, you can make your stream unlisted or private. To see how, check point 3 in our article here.
- Test your upload and latency speeds for free from here. You may need to adjust your resolution, audio and video bitrate, and FPS in line with your upload and latency speeds. We recommend the following settings:
- Video resolution:720p
- Video bitrate: 2500kbps - 3000kbps
- Frame rate: 30fps
- Audio bitrate: 320kbps
Please note that these are just a guideline and it may be necessary for you to lower these settings if you still experience a problem.
- You can find more information about optimal OBS settings in this article.
- Sometimes, OBS loses the connection from the application to Mixcloud. To help with this, try the following:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Advanced Settings and scroll down to Network
- Check the boxes for Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion and Enable network optimizations
Most streaming software companies have their own guides and help centres. Referring to these may help fix the problem you're facing.
If you continue experiencing issues after trying the steps above, please contact our support team and provide the following information:
- Your location and IP address.
- Your internet upload speed and latency (you can check for free from here).
- A list of hardware that you are using to stream.
- How long the issue has been happening for - specific times and dates are helpful.
- If the issue is with the audio or video buffering (or both).
- If you’re experiencing the same issue on other streaming platforms, such as Twitch.
- If you are experiencing a problem with viewing Mixcloud Live streams.
- The software that you are using to stream. Please include the software version(s), and screenshots of your Settings pages.