Mixcloud Select is a way for fans to show their support for their favorite creators by subscribing directly to their channels.
As a fan, you can subscribe to a creator channel on Mixcloud Select for a small monthly fee and get rewards and benefits in return. By subscribing to a creator channel on Mixcloud Select, you will directly support the creator plus the music they play in their shows.
What do I get when I support a creator channel on Mixcloud Select?
As a supporting fan, you will be able to access all Select Exclusive content on the channels you subscribe to, plus additional rewards and benefits.
It is up to the creator to tailor the experience for their subscribing fanbase, with the following rewards to choose from:
- Exclusive Shows: Sharing Select Exclusive shows or putting archive shows behind a paywall for their subscribers only.
- Early access: Giving subscribers the ability to listen to Select Exclusive shows for a period of time before anyone else.
- Extended Shows: Publish extra shows such as guest mixes, interviews or extended mixes as Select Exclusives for subscribers only.
- Upfront Tracklists: Providing detailed tracklists about shows visible before hitting play to their subscribers only.
- Support me: Driving support to their channel, as well as the artists and music played in their shows.
Additionally, as a subscriber you will benefit from these features that enhance your listening experience only on the channels you pay to support:
- Offline listening: Download shows to the Mixcloud app to listen anytime, anywhere.
- Premium playback: Listen to shows without limitations or ads.
- Fair distribution model: Contribute to a split revenue model where the creator, as well as all rights holders involved in making the shows get their cut, fairly and legally.
Creators on Mixcloud Select can also choose to keep their followers and supporting fans up to date with news and updates using Mixcloud Posts.
See article: What are Mixcloud Posts?
Where does my money go when I subscribe on Mixcloud Select?
Mixcloud Select is based on a unique revenue share model where everyone involved in making the shows you listen to gets their cut, fairly and legally. The creator keeps the majority share of the subscription after royalty costs and fees. A cut also goes toward Mixcloud to keep things running.
The more you choose to pay, the more the creator gets.
See article: How does my subscription directly support creators?
How do I subscribe to a creator on Mixcloud Select?
- Step 1: Choose a creator
Choose a creator you love or discover something totally new. There’s something in the mix for everyone.
- Step 2: Pick a price
Creators can set their own channel price from 2.99 in respective currencies. You can subscribe for this price or choose to pay more if you wish.
- Step 3: Use the Mixcloud App
Your Select subscriptions are part of your Mixcloud experience. Use the mobile app to listen to shows offline and get the most out of Select.
- Step 4: Listen deeper
Listen to your favourite creator’s shows without playback restrictions or ads. Some creators may offer extra benefits such as early access, exclusive shows, extended shows or upfront tracklists.
How do I know which creators I can subscribe to and support on Mixcloud Select?
Not all creators have the ability to be on Mixcloud Select yet. When they are on Mixcloud Select, you will see the “Select” badges next to their names and the “Support” button on their page.
More creators are being onboarded to Mixcloud Select everyday. When a creator you follow on Mixcloud joins Mixcloud Select, you will receive an email notification (if these are turned on in your settings).
Does the creator know I have subscribed to them on Mixcloud Select?
Yes. Mixcloud Select is about bringing fans and creators closer. Think of it like a next generation fan club.
The creator will be able to see you are a Select subscriber in their dashboard and where in the world they are. They will also see a purple “subscriber” label next to your name, say when you leave a comment on their shows or posts.
How do I become a creator on Mixcloud Select?
See article: How do I become a Mixcloud Select creator?