Mixcloud is an open platform, committed to free speech. We host a vast variety of content, created by a huge diverse community. We believe Mixcloud should be an inclusive and diverse platform which anyone should be able to participate in no matter who they are, what they believe or where they live.
The rules apply to all content on the platform, this extends to public and private content including all images, video, audio or text contributed to the platform.
Below are the types of content we don’t allow on Mixcloud. Violating these rules may force us to take action, including taking down content or restricting user accounts.
- No harmful or dangerous content - Don’t post content that promotes harmful or dangerous activity or encourages others to do things which might cause them or others to get hurt. This type of content might be removed from the service or restricted.
- No hateful content – Mixcloud is based upon free expression and speech, however we do not support content that promotes or condones violence, threats or harassment against individuals or groups based on a shared characteristic. This includes:
- ethnic origin
- gender identity
- national origin
- sexual orientation
- medical condition
- veteran status
- No hate group icons - We do not allow content (including symbols or logos) from organizations recognized as hate groups or individuals linked to them.
- No nudity or sexual content - We are not a service for sexually explicit or pornographic content, even if this is a picture / video / recording of yourself.
- Don’t impersonate others - We believe that all accounts should be representative of the actual people, companies and groups they portray. Accounts or content used to impersonate others may be removed from the service.
- Don’t violate others’ privacy or equipment - As an open and public service, much of Mixcloud is available on the public internet, at request we will remove any instances of personal information shared without consent or activity which might disrupt a person’s browser or computer.
- Don’t bully - Everyone should feel safe on Mixcloud, actions like stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy or inciting others to commit these acts will not be tolerated.
- No violent, drug-related or graphic content - It is not ok to post violent, drug-related, graphic or gory content the primary aim of which is to be gratuitous, sensational, shocking, or to promote illegal behaviour.
- Don’t cause harm to children - Only parents or legal guardians have the right to post content about their children online, including images. We will take strict action against accounts which post content that violates laws on child protection, child pornography, or sexual exploitation.
- No spam, misleading information or scams - No one enjoys spam. It is not ok to post large amounts of repetitive content, messages or comments, including in public and private channels. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or images to increase plays.
- Don’t squat on a username - Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may be removed without further notice. This includes accounts created to be sold or to prevent others from using a username.
- Don’t break the law - Mixcloud isn’t a platform for illegal activity, make sure that the use of the Mixcloud platform does not violate any applicable national laws.
If you see a violation of these rules, please do report it!
We provide report buttons across the service or via the following form, if you see a violation of these rules, then please let us know.
If a user’s behaviour violates these rules, harms our community, users or employees, we may take a variety of actions depending on the egregiousness of the actions or if it is a pattern of behavior. In every case, context will be considered and the response may range from removing privileges to account termination or contacting the authorities as appropriate