This article provides information on how to tackle issues that you are having on Mixcloud Live while using Mixcloud's in-browser option, Live Studio.
If you're using third-party streaming software, please see here instead.
Mixcloud Live Studio is in BETA and therefore may experience problems with connection and audio and video buffering.
- As a first step, we recommend changing from a Wi-Fi connection to a wired connection before trying to stream again.
- If you would like to test your stream without the test being public, you can see how to make your stream unlisted, or private, in our article here at point 3.
- Check your upload and latency speeds. You may need to adjust your resolution, audio and video bitrate, and FPS in line with your upload and latency speeds. We recommend streaming with the following settings, but these are just a guideline and it may be necessary for you to lower these settings if you do experience a problem:
- Video resolution:720p
- Video bitrate: 2500kbps - 3000kbps
- Frame rate: 30fps
- Audio bitrate: 320kbps
- You can find more information about optimal settings in this article.
If the above troubleshooting tips don't resolve your issue, please contact Support and provide the following information:
- Your location and IP address
- Your internet upload speed and latency (you can check for free from here)
- A list of hardware that you are using to stream
- How long the issue has been happening for - specific times and dates are helpful
- If the issue is with the audio or video buffering (or both)
- If you’re experiencing the same issue on other streaming platforms, such as Twitch
- If you are experiencing a problem with viewing Mixcloud Live streams