This article provides information on how to tackle issues that you are having on Mixcloud Live while using a third-party streaming software, such as OBS or Streamlabs. If you are using the Mixcoud in-browser option, Live Studio, please see here instead.
We recommend the following tips to troubleshoot common issues with live streaming:
- As a first step, we recommend changing from a Wi-Fi connection to a wired connection before trying to stream again.
- If you would like to test your stream without the test being public, you can see how to make your stream unlisted, or private, in our article here and scrolling down to point 3.
- Sometimes, OBS loses the connection from the application to Mixcloud. We recommend that you try the following suggestions:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Advanced Settings and scroll down to Network
- Check the boxes for Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion and Enable network optimizations
- Check your upload and latency speeds. You may need to adjust your resolution, audio and video bitrate, and FPS in line with your upload and latency speeds. We recommend streaming with the following settings, but these are just a guideline and it may be necessary for you to lower these settings if you do experience a problem:
- Video resolution:720p
- Video bitrate: 2500kbps - 3000kbps
- Frame rate: 30fps
- Audio bitrate: 320kbps
- You can find more information about optimal settings in this article.
Most streaming software companies have their own guides and help centres that can be found on their websites which may provide some useful information that could fix the problem, for example:
- OBS Knowledge Base: https://obsproject.com/kb/
- Streamlabs Help Center: https://streamlabs.com/content-hub/support
If the above troubleshooting tips don't resolve your issue, please contact Support and provide the following information:
- Your location and IP address
- The software that you are using to stream. Please include the software version(s), and screenshots of your Settings pages
- Your internet upload speed and latency (you can check for free from here)
- A list of hardware that you are using to stream
- How long the issue has been happening for - specific times and dates are helpful
- If the issue is with the audio or video buffering (or both)
- If you’re experiencing the same issue on other streaming platforms, such as Twitch
- If you are experiencing a problem with viewing Mixcloud Live streams