- What do I need to go live from my browser with Mixcloud Live Studio?
- How do I go live from my browser using Mixcloud Live Studio?
- How do I finish my stream through Mixcloud Live Studio?
Please note that Mixcloud Live Studio is currently in Beta. This means that we currently advise using the latest version of Google Chrome and cannot guarantee that Mixcloud Live Studio will work as expected with other browsers at this time.
Mixcloud Live Studio may be affected by browser extensions, such as Adblockers. If you're seeing problems with Mixcloud Live Studio, we recommend turning off any browser extensions as a first step in troubleshooting.
What do I need to go live from my browser with Mixcloud Live Studio?
You'll need the following:
- a Mixcloud Pro subscription. Find out more about our Pro subscription here.
- a computer capable of live streaming.
- a steady internet connection.
- the Google Chrome desktop browser.
- a webcam.
How do I go live from my browser using Mixcloud Live Studio?
To stream live from your browser using Mixcloud Live Studio, follow the steps below while logged in to your Mixcloud profile:
- Go to www.mixcloud.com/live/new.
- When on the Live stream setup page, select Go live from browser.
- Name your stream, add a description and choose a genre and tags.
Adding a name, description, genre and tags to your stream will give your fans some info about your stream and can help new viewers to choose to watch your stream. We'd therefore always recommend adding these details.
Please note that:
you cannot change the name of the stream, description, genre or tags once you've gone live.
if you don't enter a name for your stream, the default title will be "[Your username] live!".
your stream details can only be changed when you’re off-air.
once you have added stream information, this will be saved as your new default.
the description for your stream can contain links in the following format https://mixcloud.com.
- Choose whether you want your stream to be listed.
To find out more about Unlisted streams, see our article here. If you’d like to set your stream as Unlisted, check the box to the right of the stream information:
- Confirm your information and enter Mixcloud Live Studio.
- Allow Mixcloud access to your webcam and microphone.
When you first launch Mixcloud Live Studio, we'll prompt you to grant Mixcloud access to your webcam and microphone. In order for Mixcloud Live Studio to work, click Allow.
If you’re not seeing this prompt, click on the camera icon in the URL bar of your browser to open up permissions for the page.
After you’ve allowed permissions for both your camera and microphone, click Done in the prompt and then Retry in the Mixcloud Live Studio window or refresh the page to enable access.
- Select the camera and audio device you'd like to use for streaming.
You should now be able to view the video from your selected camera input and hear the audio from your chosen audio input. If you're unable to see either or both of these, check your permissions within Google Chrome for this page and verify that your inputs are working as expected outside of Mixcloud.
- Once you're happy with the video and audio coming through, click the Go Live button.
How do I finish my stream through Mixcloud Live Studio?
How you finish a show can be as important as how you start it - the same goes for live-streaming. You can take this opportunity to connect with your listeners even after you're done playing music.
To end your stream on Mixcloud, click the End Stream button on Mixcloud Live Studio.
If you need further assistance with going Live or have any questions, please fill out this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.