Please note that Mixcloud Live studio is currently in Beta. This means that we currently advise using the latest version of Google Chrome and so cannot guarantee that Mixcloud Live studio will work as expected with other browsers at this time.
Also note that Mixcloud Live studio may be affected by browser extensions, such as Adblockers etc. If you are seeing problems with Mixcloud Live studio we’d recommend turning off any browser extensions as a first step in troubleshooting.
What do I need to go live from my browser with Mixcloud Live studio?
You'll need the following:
- a subscription to Mixcloud Pro. Find out more about this subscription here.
- a computer capable of live streaming
- a steady internet connection
- the Google Chrome desktop browser
- a webcam
How do I go live from my browser using Mixcloud Live studio?
To stream live from your browser using Mixcloud Live studio, follow the steps below while logged in to your Mixcloud profile:
- Go to www.mixcloud.com/live/new
- When on the Live stream setup page, select Go live from browser.
- Name your stream, add a description and choose a Genre and any tags.
Adding a name, description, genre and tags to your stream will give your fans some info about your stream and can help new viewers to choose to watch your stream. We'd therefore always recommend adding a name, a description and genre to your stream.
Please note that you cannot change the name of the stream, the description, genre or the tags once you've gone live and that, if you do not choose a name for your stream, the title of your stream will default to "[Your username] live!"
Your stream details can only be changed when you’re off air. Once you have added stream information once, this will be saved as your new default.Remember also that the description for your stream can contain links in the following format https://mixcloud.com.
- Choose whether you want your stream to be listed. To find out more about Unlisted streams, see our article here.
If you’d like to set your stream as Unlisted check the box to the right of the stream information.
- Confirm your information and enter Mixcloud Live studio.
- Allow Mixcloud access to your webcam and microphone.
When you first launch Mixcloud Live studio, we should prompt you to grant Mixcloud access to your webcam and microphone. In order for Mixcloud Live studio to work, you will need to click “Allow.”
If you’re not seeing this prompt, click on the camera icon in the URL bar of your browser to open up permissions for the page.
After you’ve allowed permissions for both your camera and microphone, click ‘Done’ in the prompt and then ‘Retry’ in the Mixcloud Live studio window or refresh the page to enable access.
- Select the camera and audio device you with to use to stream.
You should now see video coming through from your chosen camera input and audio coming through from your chosen audio input. If you are not seeing one or both of these, check your permissions with Google Chrome for the page and check your inputs to ensure that they are sending signal through correctly.
- Once you're happy with the video and audio coming through, click the Go Live button.
How do I finish my stream through Mixcloud Live studio?
How you finish a show can be as important as how you start it and the same goes for live streaming. Remember that your followers are watching and listening to you so you can take this opportunity to connect with them even after you're done playing music.
To end your stream on Mixcloud, click the End Stream button on Mixcloud Live studio