Please note that Mixcloud Posts are only able to be created by Mixcloud Select Creators. If you'd like to register your interest in becoming such a creator, see our information about Mixcloud Select here.
Creating a Mixcloud Post
Posts can be created through your Select Dashboard. To access the dashboard as a Mixcloud Select Creator, go to www.mixcloud.com/[yourusername]/dashboard
From the Select Dashboard follow the steps below:
- Click on Posts
- Now click the Create New Post button to the right of the screen
- Choose an image for the post. This will appear on the www.mixcloud.com/posts page and in the emails to your followers. For information on the best type of image to upload, see below.
- Add a title and the content you want for your post. You can write up to a maximum 80 characters for the title and many more for the content itself.
- Add a teaser for the post. This is the first piece of text that users will see and should draw them in to reading the rest. Note that this needs to be 250 characters or fewer.
- If you want the post to only be viewed by your Select subscribers, click the Exclusive box towards the bottom of the page
- Once you've added all the content you want in the post, hit the Publish button at the bottom of page
Your post will now appear at www.mixcloud.com/posts for all of your followers like our one:
Editing a Mixcloud Post
Editing or deleting a Mixcloud Post can be done from your Select Dashboard.
Once you've created your first Mixcloud Post, you'll see all posts you've created by going to the Posts tab on your Select Dashboard.
Options to edit or delete posts will appear once you've clicked in to one of the posts.
Points to consider
Use an eye-catching image
Images need to be a PNG, JPG or GIF and under 10MB in size. To make them look great on post, please use an image with the ratio 16:9 with a size of 1460px x 370px
Give your post a good title and teaser
The title and teaser are the first things your followers are going to see on the notifications and when they open the posts page so it's best to make sure these are written well.
Why not add some colour?
You can add colour to your post by putting a hex code in the Page Colour box. If you don't know what colour you'd like to use, we recommend using a hex code picker to help you decide.
Examples to post by
Here are some examples of great Mixcloud Posts we've seen so far to get those creative juices flowing: