Below are some hints and tips for making the most out of using Profile Subscriptions:
- Always tag your shows well. You’re allowed to use up to 5 and we’d recommend using as many of these as possible for genres. This will increase the chance of your shows turning up around the platform and entering the charts. Try to do a mix of big mainstream genres and smaller more underground genres, but always tag them accurately
- Set clear expectations for your subscribers around how often you’re going to upload and whether you’ll be providing any extra content for them (such as exclusive shows)
- Once you’ve set those expectations, stick to them. The more regularly you upload, the more value they’re getting for their money
- We recommend uploading on at least a weekly basis, but you know your fans and what they expect from you
- Make sure your shows sound good, always check the levels. Make sure that, if you're using a mic, it is mixed well with the music
- Plan your shows ahead and think about the story you’re telling/the journey you’re taking your fans on. Keep it interesting and always tell people what’s coming up later in the show to keep them engaged
- Try to use titles for your shows that are imaginative and timeless. Your shows are competing against other shows on listeners’ feeds to you want them to stand out. Themes and guest names help to keep them interesting
- Get creative. Think of other, imaginative ways of rewarding your fans.
- Vary the imagery you use on your shows but try to develop a recognisable theme so fans know it’s your show when they see it in their feed
For more suggestions on making the most out of Mixcloud in general, check out our Hints & Tips guide.