Jump ahead in this article:
- Create a compelling message
- Promote Profile Subscriptions in your shows
- Promote Profile Subscriptions through other channels
- Best practices
Mixcloud will promote your Profile Subscriptions to your fans. That being said, you're always the best-placed person to promote your Profile Subscriptions to fans as well as potential subscribers. Such promotion is crucial to being a successful creator. Below are some tips on effective language and tactics we’ve seen creators use.
Create a compelling message
First off, you’ll need to make a compelling message which should include the main points of why they should subscribe, such as:
- They’re supporting you as a creator
- They’re supporting the artists and rights holders whose music you play
- They’re supporting audio culture in general
- They’re becoming part of an inner circle of fans who are closer to you
- As part of the inner circle, they may get extra benefits (exclusives, offline listening, tracklistings etc)
We’ve also found that the following phrases have worked well for other creators:
- Subscribe to my profile to support the culture
- Subscribe to my profile to support me and the artists whose music I play
- Get Close to me through Profile Subscriptions
- Hear exclusive shows, listen offline and see upfront tracklists
- Did you know? Music on Mixcloud is fully licensed, so by supporting these shows you’re supporting the artists who make these tunes
Promote Profile Subscriptions in your shows
The most effective place to encourage fans to subscribe to your profile is within your shows.
If you talk in your shows, why not refer to the benefits of subscriptions and how this supports audio culture. Creator Ben Gomori promotes at the beginning of every show.
If you don’t talk in your shows, why not consider having jingles made that promote Profile Subscriptions as a way of breaking up the mix. Creator dublab does this very effectively.
If you’re a radio station, as well as having jingles you may want a script in the studio for presenters to read during their show. Creator Soho Radio created one to promote subscriptions on every show.
Guests are great for promoting your Profile Subscriptions to an even larger audience. Consider asking any guests you have on shows to promote both your show and your profile on their social media or other platforms.
Don’t forget the show description! As well as giving information about the show, why not promote subscriptions? If the show is exclusive, explain in the description why it’s special and how to get it before everyone else.
Promote Profile Subscriptions through other channels
As well as promoting through your shows, consider using other channels of promotion.
If you have a mailing list, a newsletter or even just the email addresses of your friends and family then promote your show and your profile via email.
If you don’t have one already, consider creating a website or blog to showcase your shows and your profile.
A key place to promote both your shows and your profile to fans. Make sure your posts are varied and creative to make sure your posts stand out on fans’ social feeds.
- Use your upsell Page URL. This will send fans directly to where they can subscribe to your profile. It’ll always be www.mixcloud.com/[yourMixcloudprofilename]/subscribe/.
- Tag @Mixcloud in your posts. Mention us on Twitter and Instagram so we can share your content
- Use subscription hashtags. These are #MixcloudSelect, #GetCloser, #SelectCreator and #Mixcloud
- Refer to your creator status as ‘elite’ or ‘chosen’. Profile Subscriptions is an inclusive program of creators from across genres and styles.
If you need further assistance with promoting your Profile Subscriptions please fill out this form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.