Select on Mixcloud is an evolving product and we are adding new features throughout the months to help you give the best experience to your subscribers. Below is a list of the current features of Select:
As a Select Creator you can upload shows that can only be listened to by your subscribers by making it Exclusive.
It’s up to you how you use Exclusives, however here are some ways we’ve seen work well for current Select Creators:
- Make new shows exclusive for a limited time and then make them available for everyone. Your subscribers get the content before the rest
- Make your archive of shows exclusive. If fans want to listen to older shows then they need to subscribe
- Make special exclusive shows that won’t be available at any point to non-subscribers
- Make extended versions of your shows exclusive. Maybe the longer version of an interview or an extra part of the mix
To find out how to make a show an Exclusive, see our article here
Please note that:
- Exclusive shows won’t chart until they are made public to everyone. Don’t worry the chart date won’t be set until the show is public so it won’t look like an old show.
- We encourage you to put in the show description that this is an Exclusive show to promote your Select subscription and let fans know when it’ll be public or why it’s special. We’ve seen a stronger uptake in subscribers as a result of creators clearly explaining why a show is Exclusive, how it’s different to their non-exclusive shows and telling them how they can listen to it (i.e. by subscribing to their Select channel!)
- Non-subscribers will see the show in their feed and on your Mixcloud profile but won’t be sent any emails or notifications until it is public
Subscribers will be able to download any show you upload through the Mixcloud App on iOS and Android.
This means they can listen to your shows anywhere and at any time.
Subscribers will get on demand access to your show tracklists.
No more asking for track IDs, they’ll see every track you log while uploading as well as timestamps for when you play them. For info on how to upload a tracklist, check out our Tracklisting FAQ here.