Creating a profile is easy, just click on 'Sign Up' and follow the steps from there.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Username: Don't use weird symbols (e.g. '_' or '@' instead of 'a') as it doesn't help with search/SEO
- Display name: You can change your display name later on without affecting the URL. If you want to change the username that will also change the slug of every show URL and so the links you previously shared on other sites won't work any longer.
- Photo: Use an attractive image at a good quality (we will compress it so it doesn't have to be high resolution). Note: the picture should be an expression of your brand identity, whether you're an individual or a brand/collective
- Description: Add a short blurb that describes who you are plus links to your other channels so that people know where else to find you on the web.
- Connections: Connect your Mixcloud profile to Twitter / Facebook / G+ to let your listeners know where to find you. This is a really important part - social media integration will help maximise your reach and keep track of it every time someone who is connected on Twitter 'favorites' one of your shows your Twitter ID will automatically be mentioned). Facebook page connection will automatically post a new upload on your page.