We may permanently suspend accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others. If an individual or business holds legal claim or trademark on a username, we reserve the right to reclaim usernames on their behalf.
Excessively violent, pornographic, or drug-related media are prohibited in your profile or cover image. We will remove any such reported images. We may also ask you to remove content if it crosses the line into gratuitous images of death.
You may not use Mixcloud for any illegal purposes or advancement of unlawful activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online content and conduct.
We have some limitations on the type of content that can be published on Mixcloud in order to provide you with the Mixcloud service.
You may not link to or publish malicious content that is intended to compromise a person’s privacy or damage/disrupt a person’s browser or computer.
We aim to protect our users from spam and technical abuse. By engaging in the activities specified below your account may be temporarily locked or permanently suspended. Some factors we take into account when determining whether conduct is considering spamming is:
- if you have followed and/or unfollowed large amounts of accounts in a short time period, particularly by automated means;
- if you repeatedly follow and unfollow other profiles
- if a large number of people are blocking you;
- if a large number of people have reported you or marked you as spam;
- if you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
- if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own (bio, URL, etc.);
- if you share misleading content;
- if you are creating misleading accounts or account interactions;
- if you are selling or purchasing account interactions (such as selling or purchasing followers, etc.); and
- if you are using or promoting apps or third-party services claiming to get you more followers.
We may temporarily lock and/or permanently suspend any accounts engaging in activities specified below:
- Direct or indirect threats of violence - Promoting or threatening violence is prohibited. This includes promoting or threatening terrorism.
- Harassment - You may not encourage or participate in the targeted harassment or abuse of others.
You may not promote violence against, threaten, or directly attack anyone on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease.
It is prohibited to impersonate others in a fashion that is intended to or does mislead or deceive others.
You may not partake in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may be removed without further notice. Some factors we consider when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- The number of accounts created;
- Creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names;
- Creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts; and
- Selling usernames: Buying or selling Mixcloud usernames is prohibited
Please note that we reserve the right to change these rules from time to time.